Jacobean Lock Musket
This musket dates back to the early to mid 17th C. Perhaps Captain Morgan used a musket such as this during his career. These type muskets have been excavated from the ruins of Port Royal Jamaica, which slipped into the sea during an earthquake in 1692. These musket many early English settlements in the new world.
Jacobean Lock was also known as the English Lock. The lock on this musket closely resembled a Snaphaunce lock, which was developed in the 1500's, but used for many years, overlapping the period of the English lock. Include a English Plug Bayonet.
The stock is an early fishtail stock is very well made and extremely well balanced with perfect styling for the late 16th to the early 17th century. Overall the fit and finish of this weapon is truly exceptional and will be the envy of all who see it. Made in the USA by a renouwned period firearms maker.
• Certified Proof Tested
• Lifetime Quarantee
• .75 Caliber
• Beatiful Walnut Hard Wood
• Polished Steel Barrel & Lock
• Polished Iron Butt Cap, Trigger Guard, Ramrod Guide
• Period correct hand cut screw on trigger guard
• Generous trigger is un sprung as is correct for this period gun
• Functionational black powder musket with drilled vent hole
• Rifle Length: 57", Weight: 7 lbs 14oz
• Bayonet Length: 21.5", Weight: 1 lbs 8oz
Jacobean Lock Musket $975
Only 1 Available
Call (813) 304-2436 to order