The puffer wheellock pistol be a very popular German design. In use from 1535 to 1650, this is the larger holster pistol, designed to be carried on a horse, rather than the smaller belt pistol. The wheel lock mechanism came into common use in the late 15th century and was the first self igniting firearm making practical pistols possible. Some folks believe the ball butt at the end is designed to be used as a club, but this is not true, it's actually to help pull it out of a pommel holster.
The pistol in the video is the deluxe version of the Puffer with artificial ivory and scrimshaw carving inlayed through the stock. the basic version is pictured below These pistols are of Saxon-German design, but were commonly used by all of Europe with the exception of Italy.
• Certified proof tested
• Lifetime warranty
• .62 caliber smooth bore
• Comes with belt hook
• Beautiful walnut hard wood with maple or faux ivory inlay
• Includes spanner key
• 11 inch steel barrel, lock, h' trigger guard
• Functional black powder pistol with drilled vent hole
• Brass caps the hickory ramrod
• Uses iron pyrite which burns 3 times hotter than flint and can fire in the rain
• Length: 19.5", Weight: 3 lbs 15 oz
All black powder weapons must be insured, ship by Fed Ex Ground - 5 day n' must be signed fer. You will receive an additional invoice fer shipping.
Top set of photo are the Maple inlay and the lower photos are the faux ivory inlay