Here be the secret to dressing like a lady pirate, vixen, wench or high born lady. Here be some example of complete pirate outfits for women that will help you on yar way.
6 Different Types of Women in the Pirate Eras:
Yar position in society determines the type of clothes ye be wearing. How ye be wearing the clothes determines yar purpose: sexy (modern) or proper (historical). As you know a women can have many different outfits, even portraying the same character, it depends if ye be at the local tavern or the Governor's mansion.
The difference between a common wench and women pirates (they can be wearing the same garments) be that the women pirates be wearing weapons and a pirate hat.
1) Lady Captain
2) Formal Lady
3) Traditional Lady Pirate
4) Modern Lady Pirate
5) Basic Wench
6) Cross Dresser
(women dressed like a men' style)
Build Yar Own Wench or Lady Pirate Outfit!
You can purchase one of arrrr prepackaged outfits above or build yar own from individual items. If ye have decided to build yar own, first figure out if ye be going sexy or proper. We have found it best to follow the order below in selection of items:
1) Coat or Waistcoat if ye plan on portraying the Captain
2) Determine what style of Corset or Bodice ye be wanting
3) Select a Blouse to go with yar middle, white be the most common color
4) Determine if ye be more authentic with 2 Skirts or more modern with only one
5) Clothing Accents: Bandana, Sash or Hip Scarf which can match each other, but contrast with corset and skirt.
6) Pirate Hat, required if ye be wanting to be a lady pirate instead of a common wench
7) Belt or waist baldric, not required unless ye want to carry weapons, phone, keys, money, drinks n' all kinds of accessories, as there be no pocket on most of our women garb
8) Weapons, remember you need one to be a pirate, small pistols n' daggers be perfect fer a lady
9) Foot Gear: such as sandals, buckle shoes or boots
10) Pouch or pocket be needed to hold al yar personal little items
11) Misc Accessories such as Bottles, Parasol, Tankard
12) Jewelry be a ladies best friend
Different Color Styles:
1) Complete one color matching - everything is one color like black
2) One color with black n' or white - as black and white don't count as a color
3) Two colors with black n' or white - pink n burgundy, brown n green, blue n gold
4) Pirates don't match - they can wear anything they damn well please
Invest in Fun:
The better dressed, the more attention you'll get 'n the more fun you will have at an event. You don't have to buy everything all at once but you can slowly build an outfit over time. Look at the pirate events page n' see what other pirates events be in yar area. Instead of feeling cheap 'n wearing a different halloween costume every year, feel like a movie star in high quality, historical clothing that everyone will want to take of photo of. Think of it as an investment that ye will wear to many events over the next few years. Remember that it's the combination of all these items that will make yar outfit look more realistic n' stand out from everyone else, yarrrrr!