During the time of Sir Francisco Drake (1540-1596), sea dogs would have been wearing doublets such as these. They be worn under a buff jerkin or breast armor, or as a vest or coat in chilly weather.
• 100% medium weight wool with a linen lining
• Can be worn 3 different ways: as a regular coat, vest with sleeved detached, or with sleeved attached but draped off the arms
• 12 wool covered sack buttons, a very true to period feature!
• Has leather laces with brass points to attach the sleeves and at the waist to attach to britches or pumpkin pants.
• Comes in olive brown or royal burgundy.
• As seen in the movie: America: Imagine the World Without Her
Washing instructions Category 1: dry clean or spot clean