The Doglock mechanism came into common use in the mid 17th Century. This pistol historically used an external catch or DOG instead of the half cock mechanism that came later. Ours has an internal half cock anyways as a precaution and so ye can use it at events.
These pistols were used extensively in the British, Dutch, and Danish Navies & Cavalries. Pirates and Buccaneers favored them as well. The British doglock fell into disuse around 1720's, but the Swedes kept this style of lock until the 1750's.
NOTE: Doesn't include belt hook.
• Certified Proof Tested
• Lifetime Warrantee
• .58 Caliber
• Beatiful Walnut Hard Wood
• Brass Butt Cap, Trigger Guard & Ramrod Guide
• Polished Steel Barrel & Lock
• Functional black powder pistol with drilled vent hole
• Parts by Loyalist Arms
• Length: 19", Weight: 3 lbs 1oz
• As seen on WGM TV Series Salem
All black powder weapons do no quality fer free shipping due to the fact they require the extra expense of having to be insured, ship by Fed Ex Ground - 5 day (Not Priority Mail like the shopping cart says) n' signed fer.