The wheel lock mechanism came into common use in the late 15th century and was the first self igniting firearm, making practical pistols possible. In use from 1590 to 1640, the belt pistol is a smaller pistol designed to worn on a belt compared to the larger holster pistol designed to be carried on a horse.
These pistols were used extensively by the Dutch, but Pirates and Buccaneers favored them as well due to the smaller and lighter weight.
• Certified proof tested
• Lifetime warranty
• .45 caliber
• Comes with belt hook
• Beautiful walnut hard wood
• Includes spanner key
• Trigger guard, ramrod guide, brass buttcap with a Medusa face
• Steel barrel n' lock
• Functional black powder pistol with drilled vent hole
• Brass capped hickory ramrod
• Uses iron pyrite which burn 3 times hotter than flint n' can fire in the rain