Here be the secrets to dressing like a lady pirate, vixen, wench or strumpet that no living soul has put on paper......until now. Thar be 3 main categories and 2 different styles. This system be based on dividing the many different looks of women pirates n' wenches into something easy to understand, to help make decision on what to buy quicker.
Types of Women Pirates:
Yar position in society determines the type of clothes ye be wearing. How ye be wearing that clothes determines yar purpose: sexy (modern) or proper (historical). As you know, a women can have many different outfits, even portraying the same character, depending if ye be at the local tavern or the Governor's mansion.
The different between a common wench and women pirate (they can be wearing the same garments) be that the women pirate be wearing weapons and a pirate hat.
Proper Lady Captain
Cost Range: High
Sexy Lady Captain
Coat or Waistcoat, Top, Boned
Proper Lady Pirate
Cost Range: Medium
Sexy Lady Pirate
Blouse, Boned Corset,
Cost Range: Low
How to Buy:
You can purchase one of arrrr suggested outfits, or build yar own from individual items. If ye have decided to build yar own, first figure out if ye be going sexy or proper. We have found it best to follow the order below of selection items:
1) Coat or Waistcoat if ye plan on portraying the Captain
2) Determine what style of Corset or Bodice ye be wanting
3) Select a Blouse to go with yar middle, white be the most common color
4) Determine if ye be more authentic with 2 Skirts , or more modern with only one
5) Clothing accents: Bandana, Sash or Hip Scarf which can both match each other, but should contrast with yar corset and skirt.
6) Pirate Hat, required if ye be wanting to be a lady pirate instead of a common wench
7) Belt or waist baldric, not required, unless you want to carry weapons, phone, keys, money, drinks n' all kinds of accessories, as there be no pocket on anything
8) Weapons, remember you need one to be a pirate, small pistols n' daggers be perfect fer a lady
9) Foot Gear: such as sandals, buckle shoes or boots
10) Pouch or pocket to hold al yar personal items
11) Misc accessories such as Bottles, Parasol, Tankard
12) Jewelry be a ladies best friend
Different Color Styles:
1) Complete one color matching - everything is one color like black
2) One color with black n' or white - as black and white don't count as a color
3) Two colors with black n' or white - pink n burgundy, brown n green, blue n gold
4) Pirates don't match - they can wear anything they damn well please
The two option we have not shown be:
1) a proper lady, which you can goto the gown page to view
2) realistic female pirate, which be a cross dresser, which you can just go view the How to Dress Like a Pirate page, or check out arrrr new Port Royal womens outfit!
Invest in Fun:
The better dressed, the more attention you'll get n' the more fun you will have at an event. You do not have to buy everything all at once, but you can slowly build an outfit over time. Look at the pirate events page n' see what other pirates events be in yar area. Instead of feeling cheap n' wearing a different Halloween costume every year, feel like a movie star in high quality, historical clothing that everyone will want to take a photo of. Think of this as an investment that ye will wear to many event over the next few years instead of just one. Remember that it's the combination of all these items that will make yar outfit look more realistic n' stand out from everyone else, yarrrrr!