Here be the secret to dressing like a lady pirate, vixen, wench or strumpet that no living soul has put to words on paper. Thar be 3 main categories and 2 different styles. This system be based on dividing the many different looks of women pirates n' wenches into something easy to understand to help make decision on what to buy quicker.
Types of Women Pirates:
Yar position in society determines the type of clothes ye be wearing. How ye be wearing that clothes determines yar purpose: sexy (modern) or proper (historical). As you know that a women can have many different outfit, even portraying the same character, it depends if ye be at the local tavern or the Governor's mansion.
The different between a common wench and women pirate (they can be wearing the same garments) be that the women pirate be wearing weapons and a pirate hat.
Proper Lady Captain
Cost Range: High
Sexy Lady Captain
Coat or Waistcoat, Top, Boned
Proper Lady Pirate
Cost Range: Medium
Sexy Lady Pirate
Blouse, Boned Corset,
Cost Range: Low
How to Buy:
You can purchase one of arrrr prepackaged outfits below or build yar own from individual items. If ye have decided to build yar own, first figure out if ye going sexy or proper. We have found it best to follow the order below of selection items:
1) Coat or Waistcoat if ye plan on portraying the Captain
2) Determine what style of Corset or Bodice ye be wanting
3) Select a Blouse to go with yar middle, white be the most common color
4) Determine if ye being more authentic with 2 Skirts or more modern with only one
5) Clothing Accents: Bandana, Sash or Hip Scarf which can both match each other, but contrast with corset and skirt.
6) Pirate Hat, required if ye be wanting to be a lady pirate instead of a common wench
7) Belt or waist baldric, no required unless you want to carry weapons, phone, keys, money, drinks n' all kinds of accessories, as there be no pocket on anything
8) Weapons, remember you need one to be a pirate, small pistols n' daggers be perfect fer a lady
9) Foot Gear: such as sandals, buckle shoes or boots
10) Pouch or pocket be need to hold al yar personal little items
11) Misc Accessories such as Bottles, Parasol, Tankard
12) Jewelry be a ladies best friend
Different Color Styles:
1) Complete One Color Matching - everything is one color like black
2) One color with black n' or white - as black and white don't count as a color
3) Two colors with black n' or white - pink n burgundy, brown n green, blue n gold
4) Pirated don't match - they can wear anything they damn well please
The two option we have not shown be:
1) a proper lady, which you can goto the gown page to view
2) realistic female pirate, which be a cross dresser, which you can just go view the How to Dress Like a Pirate page.
Invest in Fun:
The better dressed, the attention you'll get, the more fun you will have at an event. You do not have to buy everything all at once, but you can slowly build an outfit over time. Look at the pirates event page n' see what other pirates events be in yar area. Instead of feeling cheap wearing a different halloween costume every year, feel like a movie star in a high quality historical clothing that everyone will want to take of photo of. Think of this as an investment that ye will wear to many event of the next few years instead of just one. Remember that its the combination of all these items that will make yar outfit look more realistic n' stand out from everyone else, yarrrrr!